Saturday, November 23, 2013

Persimmon bread, grain fee, nut free, sweetener free

A friend gave me a grocery bag of hachiya persimmons and I have been experimenting. Have been wanting to try a grain/nut free bread but I can not eat almonds. I tried sunflower flour but the was hint of that flavor. This time I tried pumpkin seeds. Ran them through my Vitamix


With the persimmons I prefer crushing so there is some texture

Also mixing by hand 

1.5c persimmon pulp
3 eggs
1/4c lard melted
2c pumpkin seed flower
1tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp ground nutmeg
1/2tsp powdered ginger
1tsp baking powder
3/4tsp sea salt 

Mix wet ingredients and set aside, mix dry ingredients. The combine thoroughly using a spatula. Pour into your favorite bread pan.

After 65min in a 350deg oven the bread moist and delicious...especially with butter!



No comments:

Post a Comment