Friday, January 18, 2013

It starts here

After urging from family and friend's to do a food blog I've decided to give it a go.

I've cooked for many years, have many cookbooks and search for many recipes but always fall back on old family favorites. Being of Filipino/Caucasian decent I prepare lots of ethic dishes as well as southern cooking. I like traditional, old time recipes. Always searching for some thing that is out of the ordinary. 

In late 2010 after some experimentation I discovered I was sensitive to gluten. I don't get deathly ill or anything like that but after repeated exposure allergies and asthma flare up and skin issues return. All dishes prepared are gluten free, so alterations to recipes are made. Ingredients are sourced locally a majority of the time but the occasional item does come from abroad. Meats are purchased from Tara Firma Farms, Marin Sun Farms (Oakland location), and The Local Butcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment